Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Last DSG Newsletter

===============================
The Last DSG Newsletter
http://www.dsgrunning.com/
November 02, 2011
===============================

Hello All,

Please send me your finish time and/or race reports if you haven't done so.  Below are URLs to the race reports and race reports that I have received so far.  Only Jose have sent me the a full report.  The rest are short recaps of some of the DSG's experience on race day.  You can send me either.  Brittnay and Pam have promised me race reports ;)  I'll post those as soon as I get them.  Remember that the results can be from any marathons that you've done this season and not just the MCM.

http://www.dsgrunning.com/raceresults.htm

http://www.dsgrunning.com/racereports.htm

I think that no matter how well or not so well that you did, it's cool to have it documented so that you can revisit it in future years.  It's nice to see how you've improved or not improved versus some of the folks that you run with every week.  It also gives future runners a snapshot of who we are as a group. 

I know that a lot of first timers are intimidated by the idea of joining a marathon running group because they think that everyone is a running Nazi.  Our results and race report puts a human element to it.  They show that we are just normal weekend warriors out there for a little fun.

===================
FINISH LINE VIDEOS
===================

For those of you who can't get enough of yourselves and want to relive the moment, there is a video replay of literally EVERYONE who crossed the finish line.  Best of all, it's free!!  See the below link.  If you have family members or friends who couldn't be there to cheer you on, send them the link.  If you have an ex, you can accidentally cc that person in the email.  To all of the first timers in our group, feel free to accidentally hit the send button to send it to everyone on your corporate network.  The IT guys always love it when that happens :)

The finishing time is with respect to the clock time not your chip time.  Enjoy!

http://www.csnwashington.com/sportsnetWashington/search/search?q=mcm

=============================
DSG POST SEASON GET TOGETHER
=============================

I'm tentatively looking at Saturday 1/21/2012 as our DSG post season get together.  Let me know if that date is bad for you.  I want to maximize participation.  In 10 days, I'll be headed toward SE Asia to look for my mail order bride.  When I return in December, I will send out the invite.  Here's your chance to provide input on the date, so please do so :)

=========
FAREWELL
=========

Well, this is where our journey of a thousand miles together ends.  I want to thank everyone for coming out this year.  Whether you are a first timer or a veteran, I hoped that you've had a wonderful journey.  If you were around during the time of the divorce, you knew how chaotic it was.  This is our 5th year of DSG.  Hopefully you got more than your $5's worth this year because the $5 group fee is non-refundable :)
I'm not sure if I would be doing this if it hadn't been for DSG.  It really sucks to train the long stuff by yourself all the time.  I know that I wouldn't even consider doing triathlons hadn't Doug pulled me into that direction.

I'm constantly amazed that not only have we lasted this long but that we continue to bring in new people every year.  We're not a shoes store or an organized group like the Road Runners.  We're just a bunch of misfits who just happens to stumble upon each other by chance or word of mouth.  To be able to still thrive is still pretty cool.  It's neat to be a little bit different and anti-establishment.

It warms my heart greately to know that you all think well enough of our group to not only return week after week but to also go out on your own to bring in your friends and co-workers.  I want to thanks everyone for not only being there, but to allow me to be in your lives and share some of your personal stories and accomplishments.

To our first timers, you all have performed remarkably well during your marathons.  You have taken on this unknown entity and you have conquered it.  The hardest step is always that first step when you decide to take on the challenge.  Everything else is pure mechanical.  The first marathon that I ran was 4:43.  It has taken me 10 years to get to 3:14 and a BQ.  I've yet to master it.  If you continue in this marathon lifestyle, there is nothing but growth and goodness in front of you.

For some of you, I will never see again so this is our final farewell.  For others, our paths will cross many times in the off season.  Whatever the case may be, I wish you the greatest of life in your future endeavors.  Below is my final farewell message to you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyggTKDcOE

Take care my friends,
Tuan

No comments:

Post a Comment